Vegan Key Lime Pie Smoothie

>> Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Um, is that sunshine?"-inspired smoothie session!


Vegan Key Lime Pie Smoothie

Inspired by this pie

Serves 1-2

3/4 cup light vanilla silk
1 ripe banana
1/2 medium avocado
juice of 1 medium lime
1/4 tsp vanilla extract (I used my new vanilla bean paste)
1 tbsp maple syrup
handful o' ice

Add all ingredients to a blender, pour and enjoy!

This recipe is about at the bare minimum of sweetness (which is how I like it). The "pie" factor could be upped by adding more maple syrup, sugar, honey, or replacing the silk with vanilla ice cream. Oh and please add a dollop of whipped cream for me - I was without and had to borrow this strawberry from my roommate for garnish :)

1 comments:

bonnie March 2, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

I love this..silk,avocado and lime..yummy!!


sweetlife

Post a Comment

About This Blog

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP